Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Early August, 2008: Things already start to move along......TSA does not mess around!.

Oddly enough, though at this point we had not been approved for anything, we received the first of what is known as the TSA CCSP "Order". Basically, this was an outline of the entire program A-Z. All 80+ pages! Now the worry and panic really took a hold of me. (You see even though you submit an application and it gets approved, that is actually only the beginning. That's the easiest part! You still must create your very own "facility specific" Certified Cargo Screening Program from scratch. As well, you are also subject to an on-site inspection by a TSA Security Rep.) So, not only did I have absolutely no idea how, or what i was going to do to make this work, I had to endure a facility inspection by the TSA! To be honest, I had visions of some wanna-be hard-nosed, government employee coming in just to see me fail at this very important project. Sort of like how some of the airport screeners like to sometimes play boss. But, I could not have been more wrong as I will explain later. So at this point, the only choice I had was to dig in, and make a serious stab at this program. But, I really did not know what the hell I was going to do. Ironically, the 80+ page TSA Order and my TSA Representative become best friends to me and my company Agro Gourmet, LLC .......

No comments:

Post a Comment