Monday, January 11, 2010

April, 2009 Time to pick up the pace!

At this point, it had been a good 6 months of a delay in me moving forward with the program. This was largely contributed to me still trying to figure out exactly how I wanted to proceed and of course running my day to day business. I also was guilty of some procrastination due to still being a little intimidated by the project, but time was still on my side at this juncture, and I could feel it coming together a little at a time. Luckily, I received a list of required sections from the TSA for the operations manual. This was a huge help!!

I finally decided it was time to stop delaying and I submitted the first Security Threat Assessment (STA) on myself, which is basically a background check. Per usual, TSA did not delay. I was approved on May 4, 2009. Upon approval, I was given a code that I could use to submit my employee's STA'S via a specific web page and this was a very easy process. Unfortunately, I can not reveal anymore useful information on this topic. Needless to say in pure TSA fashion, my employees were cleared with-in a week or two. We were set....

Quick Recap at this point:

June, 2008: submit initial application and Safety Act application
August, 2008: received first TSA Order
September, 2008: initial application approved
April, 2009: TSA provided required section tabs for the operations manual
April, 2009: submitted initial Security Threat Assessment (STA) on myself
May, 2009: initial STA approved, submitted employee STA's
May, 2009: employee STA's approved

No comments:

Post a Comment